Time-Sharing Orders

Posted by Gordon Shayne | Jun 24, 2024 | 0 Comments

What Happens When You Do Not Have Time-Sharing Orders and You are not Married to the Child's Mother and She Wants to Leave the State of Florida with Your Child?? UH-OH........

The law is very clear. Unless you have Court Orders from a Florida Judge establishing Paternity and Time-Sharing, you have no way to prevent bio-mom from leaving with your child!  It is vitally important to establish that the child's Home State is Florida, which answers the question regarding jurisdiction. When Florida has jurisdiction, it has authority over parental responsibilities, custody, time-sharing etc.

When Should I file for the Determination of Paternity?

IMMEDIATELY!!!!!  Don't wait, you may regret it.  Do not waste time exerting your rights as a father. Any delay could be costly, both emotionally and economically. Without a Court Order or the filing of a Court Action to ask for parenting rights, the mother could very well move away and not provide you with any information regarding the place where she and the child will move to. More importantly, you need to know that just because your name is on the child's birth certificate, it does not mean you are automatically given legal rights and responsibilities concerning the child.

 For these reasons, it is extremely important to seek proper legal advice from a qualified, experienced Florida Family Attorney, such as Mr. Shayne. There is no better time to do this than within the days leading up to the birth of your child so your rights as a Father are fully protected!

About the Author

Gordon Shayne

Gordon N. Shayne Family Law / Divorce Lawyer Phone: (904) 544-6855 Gordon N. Shayne's field of practice is devoted to Family Law/Divorce case throughout the State of Florida


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment


With over 35 years of experience, Mr. Shayne has had a legal career fighting for the rights of his clients while focusing his practice exclusively on Divorce, Child Custody and other Family Law Matters. Our services are available throughout the State of Florida.

Free Consultations

For those individuals interested in retaining legal counsel and who have the financial means to hire an attorney, we offer a free 30-minute consultation, either in our office, by phone or through a video chat.

Fernandina Beach Office
(904) 544-6866 (fax)
Mon: 08:00am - 05:00pm
Tue: 08:00am - 05:00pm
Wed: 08:00am - 05:00pm
Thu: 08:00am - 05:00pm
Fri: 08:00am - 05:00pm
Sat: 08:00am - 05:00pm
Sun: 08:00am - 05:00pm