Family Law / Divorce Lawyer
Phone: (904) 544-6855
Gordon N. Shayne's field of practice is devoted exclusively to Family Law/ Divorce cases throughout the state of Florida, with practice areas that deal with many of the following matters: Divorce/Legal Separationhttp://www.shaynelaw.com/divorce; Military Divorces and Division of Military Retirement; Parental Responsibilities / Child Visitation Rights; Grandparent Rights and Grandparent Custody; Guardianship; Post Dissolution Disputes and Modification regarding Custody, Parenting and Visitation and Child Support; Enforcement Proceedings; Parenting Time Enforcement; Paternity Matters; Dependency and Neglect; Adoption; Settlement Negotiations; Mediation Sessions; Alimony; Personal and Real Property Disputes; Adoptions; and many other matters that involve Domestic Relations cases and controversies.
Gordon began his career as a public servant/prosecutor, first in Miami-Dade County and later, in Broward County (Fort Lauderdale, Florida), As an Assistant State Attorney, Gordon prosecuted a vast array of criminal defendants, with crimes ranging from Homicides, Sexual Batteries and Assault, to Misdemeanors and DUI's. After leaving government service, Gordon began to specialize in Family Law, Domestic Relations, and Divorce cases. Throughout his career, he has been responsible for hundreds of jury and non-jury cases and attended a wide range of hearings, trials, mediations, arbitrations, and administrative proceedings. He has represented many family law clients and has engaged in hundreds of mediations.
Gordon brings more than 40 years of law experience to every case. He is a member of federal, state and local bar associations. See About Us for details about Gordon's professional memberships), including organizations based on specialized practice areas, such as the Florida and Colorado Bar Family Law Sections and Federal Trial Bar.
For over a decade, Gordon has focused solely on family law. Through years of attending settlement conferences, mediations, hearings, etc., he has amassed an intimate understanding of Colorado family law that other lawyers may not possess. And that gives his clients more options and spares them unnecessary expenses. He is a lawyer dedicated to this specific area of the law.
From the moment you contact our family law firm through the end of your case, our staff and family law lawyer shall treat you with the respect you deserve. We keep you informed about your case and all the options available to you, answer your questions, before and after hours, and will return your phone calls and emails as quickly as possible.
Military Divorce Experience
Gordon is an experienced family law attorney in the area of military divorce. He has a thorough knowledge of Florida divorce law and how it applies to military families, as well as federal legislation like the Uniformed Services Former Spouse Protection Act (USFSP) and the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA). Understanding state and federal laws, as well as military pay, benefits and issues commonly arising from combat deployments, is imperative to ensure that retirement benefits are properly divided and that the children's best interests are met.
If you're preparing for a divorce, of the best things you can do is get a family law lawyer on your side who is a skilled negotiator and advocate. Gordon is an experienced Florida family law attorney who always strives to negotiate out of court first to save clients the time and expense associated with courtroom battles, or protracted litgation.
With an extensive background in courtroom litigation, Gordon has a great deal of experience to offer each of his clients, and in Family Law, his Mission Statements are as follows:
- To provide clients with truthful, patient and honest legal representation;
- To provide clients with support and guidance throughout the legal process;
- To provide clients with a strong aggressive advocate to develop client's successful strategies, meet individualized goals, and present effective arguments in court;
- To provide clients with clear alternatives and options to reach stated goals;
- To provide clients with opportunities to personally meet with the attorney and his staff to strategize at every juncture of the case;
- To maximize the opportunities to reach a settlement and avoid the time, costs and stress of attending court hearings;
- To provide clients with an understanding of the law and how the law applies to their particular case;
- To assist clients in preparing them and their children for the future and whatever modifications and changes may need to made;
- To provide client with a clear understanding of how expert witnesses, mental health care practitioners, custody evaluators, etc. are utilized in Family Law matters and to know when these kinds of professionals should be called upon;
For Clients who are facing the severe legal challenges of a divorce or other family law dispute, Gordon can put his vast knowledge of the Florida Family Law and years of trial experience, to work for the benefit of his clients. Each client, whether it's a contested or uncontested case, will receive a commitment to specialized attention, and customer service 24/7.
The Law Offices of Gordon N. Shayne along with his wife, Sherry Shayne support the following efforts. (community activities locally and worldwide)
- New Idea Giving Feeding Starving Children all over the world
- Vietnam Veterans and Disabled Veterans of America
- Serenity Springs Wildlife Center in Calhan, Colorado
- World Wildlife Federation
- National Humane Society
- Nassau, County Florida Humane Society
You are welcome to call for a FREE CONSULTATION* today any time, 7 days a week /24 Hours a Day at 904-544-6855
*for those individuals interested in retaining legal counsel and who have the financial means to hire an attorney